UP Court Rejects Journalist Mohammad Zubair’s Bail Plea in Fact-Check Case

Date:

Clarion India

NEW DELHI – An Uttar Pradesh court on Saturday rejected the bail petition of Alt News co-founder and journalist Mohammad Zubair in connection with an FIR lodged against him in 2021 for a fack-check tweet.

The bail application was moved before Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Mohamaddi on July 11 after the court sent Zubair to a 14-day judicial custody in the case.

“After hearing the arguments by the prosecution and the defense counsel, ACJM Ruchi Srivastava rejected Mohd. Zubair’s bail plea,” Senior Prosecuting Officer (SPO) SP Yadav told PTI.

The Lakhimpur Kheri police had served a warrant on Zubair to appear in court in connection with the FIR. A complaint was filed by a person associating with a Sudarshan News channel for a fact-check tweet. The complainant had reportedly accused Zubair of misleading people “through his tweet about his channel”.

Mohammadi police station incharge Ambar Singh had said that the case against Zubair was lodged on November 25 last year by Ashish Katiyar, a reporter for a private news channel.

“In his complaint, Katiyar had accused Zubair of misleading people through his tweet about his channel,” he said.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Abhishek Banerjee Hails LS Polls, Says Results Have Crushed BJP’s Arrogance and Pride into Dust

The TMC leader also accused BJP of 'abusing central...

Gaza War: Israel Blocks Hajj for 2,500 Palestinian Pilgrims From Gaza

Israel's capture of the Rafah border crossing has prevented...

9714 Hindu Students in MP Madrasas Must be Sent to Regular Schools, Says  NCPCR Chief

BHOPAL — National Commission for Protection of Child Rights...

400-Paar Slogan Loudly Reflected Arrogance: Sachin Pilot at Oxford University

Congress leader Sachin Pilot on Friday criticised the Bharatiya...