- OPPOSITION PARTY SAYS PRIME MINISTER BRINGING DOWN DIGNITY OF OFFICE
- FIELDS 5 QUESTIONS DEMANDING EXPLANATINO FOR KANPUR TRAIN CRASH AND ISI-LINKED HINDUTVA SPY RING IN MADHYA PRADESH
Abdul Bari Masoud | Clarion India
NEW DELHI — Congress Party Saturday blasted Prime Minister Narendra Modi for playing communal card in the ongoing assembly elections in UP saying this has brought down the dignity of the prime minister office. The Party said the PM has lost is political balance in the wake of a definite electoral defeat staring him in the face by stooping to extremely low level of politicking. The party said the people of Uttar Pradesh will not take such language lying down and will give a collective and befitting reply to the BJP in the elections.
Party senior spokesperson and former Central Minister Dr. C P Joshi said the PM has not only brought down the dignity of the prime minister’s office but also he continuously brings insult to the oath of allegiance to the Constitution of India.
At an election rally in Gonda, the PM explicitly tried to divide the electorate along communal lines, said Joshi.
“The PM made no bones about the fact that he wants to flaunt the polarization card. He said that the conspiracy of the Kanpur Railway Accident was hatched across the border and the conspirators were here and hand in glove with his political opponents,” he pointed out.
Even if the conspiracy of the Kanpur train accident was hatched across the border, sensitive matters are not discussed in election rallies. It does not suit the stature of the PM to comment on an ongoing investigation and influence it, Joshi said.
In the context of Modi’s utterances, he said, the Congress asks the PM to answer five questions:
1) Since the Prime Minister is telling the nation that the Kanpur train accident in which 150 innocent people lost their lives is a terror attack — then isn’t it the second biggest terror attack that Mumbai 26/11 terror attack? The then Home Minister of India, Shri Shivraj Patil had resigned accepting responsibility. Will the PM ensure the accountability and responsibility of the present Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh and the Railway Minister, Shri Suresh Prabhu by making them resign? Or is it that Shri Rajnath Singh, only being used in UP elections for political benefits and is going to be dropped afterward?
2) Is it not a fact that 191 Jawans have been martyred in terror incidents in Jammu and Kashmir in the last 2.5 years? Will the Prime Minister take responsibility for it?
3) It was Modi Sarkar which invited the rogue Pakistan-based ISI to investigate the Pathankot terror attack. And since the PM is now stating its involvement in the Kanpur train accident, the nation would like to know why did the PM invite ISI to investigate Pathankot? It is a fact that the JIT (Joint Investigation Team) probing the Pathankot attack went back to Pakistan and in return blamed India itself for carrying out such an attack.
4) Is it not a fact that PM’s Saree-Shawl Diplomacy viz-a-viz Pakistan is a complete failure?
5) The recent arrests by the Madhya Pradesh ATS with respect to ISI-run spy racket have completely exposed the ‘Chaal Charitra and Chehra’ of the Bharatiya Janata Party. Is it not true that at least 4 persons out of 11 arrested are BJP-VHP-Bajrang Dal members and have active connections with the Sangh Parivar? Is it not true that they teamed up with the ISI to spy on the Indian Army? What action will the PM and Shri Amit Shah take on such elements in his own party?