Wedding of Tablighi Chief Saad’s Daughter Put off

Date:

Mohammad Saad.

LUCKNOW – The controversy over Tablighi Jamaat and the spread of coronavirus has forced the postponement of the wedding of Jamaat chief Mohammad Saad’s daughter.

Sources said the wedding was scheduled to take place in Delhi on April 5.

The wedding was supposed to be a lavish affair and a number of persons from Shamli, Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur had been invited.

Saad’s wife belongs to Saharanpur and the couple have a number of relatives living in the district.

“We were informed of the postponement of the wedding two days after the lockdown was announced. It was obvious because the guests could not travel for the event,” said a guest from Saharanpur who had been invited.

He said he had tried to speak to Mohammad Saad but could not.

“Probably, he had gone into self-quarantine by then,” the guest said.

(IANS)

theclarionindia
theclarionindiahttps://clarionindia.net
Clarion India - News, Views and Insights about Indian Muslims, Dalits, Minorities, Women and Other Marginalised and Dispossessed Communities.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Muslim Board Hits Back at Adityanath’s Incendiary Remarks on Roadside Namaz

The All India Muslim Personal Law Board says the...

‘Cockroach Janta Party’ Gains Traction After CJI Remarks, Satire Turns Protest

Started by a Boston University student after CJI Surya...

19 Years After Blast at Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad, Whodunit Question Lingers

Syed Maaz Razvi NINETEEN years after a pipe bomb exploded...

VHP, Bajrang Dal Members Humiliate Muslim Staff at Dehradun Showroom

Hindutva activists accused workers of hiding their identities and...