Wedding of Tablighi Chief Saad’s Daughter Put off

Date:

Mohammad Saad.

LUCKNOW – The controversy over Tablighi Jamaat and the spread of coronavirus has forced the postponement of the wedding of Jamaat chief Mohammad Saad’s daughter.

Sources said the wedding was scheduled to take place in Delhi on April 5.

The wedding was supposed to be a lavish affair and a number of persons from Shamli, Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur had been invited.

Saad’s wife belongs to Saharanpur and the couple have a number of relatives living in the district.

“We were informed of the postponement of the wedding two days after the lockdown was announced. It was obvious because the guests could not travel for the event,” said a guest from Saharanpur who had been invited.

He said he had tried to speak to Mohammad Saad but could not.

“Probably, he had gone into self-quarantine by then,” the guest said.

(IANS)

theclarionindia
theclarionindiahttps://clarionindia.net
Clarion India - News, Views and Insights about Indian Muslims, Dalits, Minorities, Women and Other Marginalised and Dispossessed Communities.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Congress Condemns Maha Govt’s Move to ‘Cancel’ Old Decisions on 5 pec Quota to Muslims

MUMBAI — The Congress party on Wednesday strongly criticised...

Disorganised PR Spectacle, Indian Data Up for Sale, Chinese Products Showcased: Rahul on AI Summit

NEW DELHI — As India-AI Impact Summit 2026 entered...

Controversy Surrounds Granting of Minority Status to 75 non-Urdu Maharashtra Schools

Questions raised over secrecy, timing and alleged financial irregularities...

Barabanki Muslim Advocate Arrested in Conversion Case; His Office Set on Fire

Questions grow over fairness, due process and whether accusations...