Gaza Death Toll Approaches 42,000 as Israel’s Genocidal War Enters 2nd Year

Date:

Nearly 97,600 Palestinians injured in Israeli onslaught since Oct. 7, 2023, says Gaza Health Ministry

GAZA — At least 56 more Palestinians were killed in relentless Israeli attacks in the Gaza Strip, bringing the overall death toll since last year to 41,965, the Health Ministry in the enclave said on Tuesday.

A ministry statement added that some 97,590 others were injured in the ongoing assault.

“Israeli forces killed 56 people and injured 278 others in three massacres of families in the last 24 hours,” the ministry said.

“Many people are still trapped under the rubble and on the roads as rescuers are unable to reach them,” it added.

Flouting a UN Security Council resolution calling for an immediate cease-fire, Israel has continued its brutal offensive on the Gaza Strip since an attack by the Palestinian group Hamas on Oct. 7, 2023.

The Israeli onslaught has displaced almost the entire population of the territory amid an ongoing blockade that has led to severe shortages of food, clean water, and medicine.

Mediation efforts led by the US, Egypt, and Qatar to reach a Gaza cease-fire and prisoner swap agreement between Israel and Hamas have failed over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s refusal to halt the war.

Israel also faces a genocide case at the International Court of Justice for its actions in Gaza. — AA


Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Palestinian Child Killed in Israeli Attack in Northern Gaza

GAZA CITY --- A Palestinian child was killed in...

Bengal SIR: Trinamool Govt Files FIR Against 2 EROs & AEROs, Sends Compliance Report to ECI

KOLKATA —  The West Bengal government has completed the...

Sourav Ganguly Hopes Imran Khan Gets ‘Right Treatment’ Amid Health Concerns

KOLKATA — Expressing concern over Imran Khan's reported health...

Israel’s Aggression Continues Unabated in the Occupied West Bank

As part of its expansionist policy, Israel continues to...