The candidates willing to work under the Government of India and have qualified their 12th standard can appear for the SSC Stenographer exam. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) takes the SSC Stenographer exam to appoint the most eligible candidates for the post of Grade C and D stenographer in the central government organizations. SSC Stenographer, being a government job, offers a good salary structure to all its jobholders. The minimum eligibility criteria to take the SSC Stenographer exam is that a candidate must have passed class 12.
Candidates can refer to the descriptive information below to get a clear understanding of the SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria, exam pattern, and much more.
SSC Stenographer Exam: Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory for the candidates to meet the minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the SSC Stenographer Exam. Candidates applying must have cleared class 12th from a recognized board of examination in India. The minimum and maximum age limit for the candidates applying for Stenographer Grade C is 18-30 years while for the Stenographer Grade D posts, it is 18-27 years.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2021
- SSC takes the Stenographer exam in two stages including a Preliminary exam followed by a skill test.
- The pre-exam comprises three sections including Reasoning, English Comprehension, and General Awareness.
- A total of 200 questions are asked in the exam, out of which 50 questions each from General Intelligence / Reasoning and General Awareness are asked in the exam.
- The English section holds the maximum weightage, a total of 100 questions are asked from this section.
- Candidates are to get one mark for every correct option while ¼ marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
How to Crack SSC Stenographer Exam?
The SSC Stenographer jobs have tremendous chances for growth and candidates joining as Stenographer in any Grade get promoted after every fixed-time interval. But to clear this, one of the toughest exams, a dedicated preparation strategy is required. Some of the effective preparation tips and tricks that can help candidates score good marks in the exam are as follows:
- Practicing is the key to get a good score in the exam, candidates must solve as many as the last years’ question paper and sample papers to enhance their learning abilities.
- To score well in the general awareness section, reading newspapers and magazines regularly will be extremely helpful.
- Candidates must effectively manage the available time and focus on their speed.
- Analyze and keep a check at the sections that need
- Create a timetable and properly revise all sections in the planned months before the exam.
- Finish the SSC Stenographer Syllabus thoroughly and take your preparations to the next level by doing more and more revision of the already prepared topics.
About SSC Stenographer Exam
SSC Stenographer exam is the best entrance exam to get appointed as Grade C and Grade D Stenographers in different departments and Ministries of the Central Government. Lakhs of candidates each year apply for this Central Government job exam to have a rocking career ahead. Candidates giving the SSC Stenographer Exam can begin with their exam preparations in a more well-structured way. To know more about the SSC Stenographer exam, candidates must check out several blogs and write ups to have more knowledge on the same.
As per the sources, the SSC Stenographer Exam is scheduled to be conducted in February 2022. However, subject to the prevailing conditions of the Covid-19 pandemic, the candidates are suggested to keep a close watch on the official website for further updates.