NEW DELHI – Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan, on Monday, announced support to the baby whose video trying to wake up his dead mother at the Muzaffarpur railway station in Bihar had gone viral. The actor said his Meer Foundation will take care of the child from hereafter.
The heart wrenching scene in the video that emerged on internet last week triggered a widespread shock and outrage. The government came under fire for its failure to handle migrant crisis arising from Coronavirus lockdown.
While the government has started special trains to get the stranded people home, people complain of lack of coordination forcing many to take other more daunting means to find their way to their destination.
In a message posted on Twitter, the King Khan said they pray the child finds strength to deal with “the most unfortunate loss of a parent”. He said he knows how it feels and his support and love are with the child.
The 54-year-old actor said with the help of people at the Meer Foundation he will be able to trace the baby from the viral video. The foundation thanked the people for helping them trace the unfortunate child. “Meer Foundation is thankful to all those who helped us reach this child, whose heart wrenching video of trying to wake his mother disturbed all. We are now supporting him, and he is under his grandfather’s care.”
In 2013, Khan had started the foundation with an aim to help empower and rehabilitate the women including acid attack survivors.
Amidst the Covid crisis, the foundation has been running initiatives to help the migrant labourers, low income people and frontline workers. They run a donation drive to provide PPE kits to the health workers.
The foundation also intervened to help the victims of Cyclone Amphan in West Bengal.