Reuters Photographer Killed in Aleppo

Date:

Syrian-photographer-killed-in-Aleppo(1)BEIRUT, Dec 23 — A young Syrian photographer who took pictures for Reuters on a freelance basis has been killed while covering fighting in Aleppo, activists said.

Molhem Barakat died on Friday as he took photographs of a battle over a hospital between rebels and forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. Rebels had accused government forces of turning the Kindi Hospital into a barracks.

As well as covering the conflict, Barakat took pictures showing the life of ordinary Syrians in the divided city, which used to be Syria’s commercial hub.

The civil war in Syria has claimed the lives of well over 100,000 people since 2011 and driven millions into neighboring countries.

Barakat had sent Reuters dozens of pictures since May this year. Many of those pictures appeared in publications around the world.

theclarionindia
theclarionindiahttps://clarionindia.net
Clarion India - News, Views and Insights about Indian Muslims, Dalits, Minorities, Women and Other Marginalised and Dispossessed Communities.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

‘Mohammad Deepak Effect’: Tension in Varanasi as Residents Resent Vigilantes

ABVP members try to shut shops over video of...

Marco Rubio Declares a Return to Brutal Western Colonialism – and Europe Applauds

In Munich, the US announced its intent to crush...

Haldwani Riots: High Court Refuses Bail to Prime Accused Abdul Malik

A Division Bench orders the matter to be placed...

Sambhal: ASI Objects to Fresh Painting and Whitewashing in Shahi Jama Masjid

The lawyer for the central agency says last year’s...