Kanhaiya Lal Murder Case: NIA Says No Terror Bodies Involved, ATS Contests

Date:

JAIPUR — The Rajasthan Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) has contested the National Investigation Agency’s (NIA) claim that terrorist organisations had no role in the hacking of Kanhaiya Lal in Udaipur.

Raising questions about NIA’s claims, the state agency late on Friday night, called it a premature statement as the investigation is still at a preliminary stage.

Notably, the state government suspended Udaipur Additional SP Ashok Kumar Meena on Friday evening. Earlier, SHO and SI were also suspended.

Meanwhile, the ATS sources said that the accused were in contact with two Pakistani nationals. The accused also shared the video of the crime in a few WhatsApp groups in Pakistan with a caption “Order which was received has been fulfilled”.

Earlier on Friday, CCTV footage of this incident surfaced in which accused Ghouse Mohammad and Riyaz Jabbar were seen escaping on a bike. The registration number of this bike is “2611” which is being linked to the terror attacks in Mumbai.

The footage clearly shows that there was a stir in the market after the murder. Shops were closed immediately. — IANS

Photo used for illustration/
theclarionindia
theclarionindiahttps://clarionindia.net
Clarion India - News, Views and Insights about Indian Muslims, Dalits, Minorities, Women and Other Marginalised and Dispossessed Communities.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Opposition Leaders Hail US Supreme Court Ruling on Trump Tariffs

NEW DELHI — Opposition leaders in India on Saturday...

Hate-based Thinking Has Taken Root in Society, But All Is Not Lost Yet!

THE situation in the country is rapidly changing; hardly...

Epstein Files Scandal: The UK Acts, India Remains Silent, says SS-UBT

MUMBAI — The Shiv Sena-Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray (SS-UBT) on...