Israeli Army to Call Up 60,000 Reservist Soldiers for Gaza Occupation Plan, Local Media Reports

Date:

Army’s move comes following Defense Minister Israel Katz’s approval of occupation plan

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM — The Israeli army will call up 60,000 reservist soldiers to fight in Gaza City under an occupation plan, local media reported on Wednesday.

The army’s decision came after Defense Minister Israel Katz approved a plan to occupy Gaza City, Israeli public broadcaster KAN said Wednesday.

The broadcaster said that the regular troops operating in the Gaza Strip will also be extended.

According to Israeli army radio, the number of reservists within the army will rise to 130,000 in total in preparation for “a prolonged operation that will last several months” until mid-2026.

Channel 12 reported earlier on Tuesday that emergency draft orders, known as Order 8, have already been issued by the army.

The mobilization of the soldiers will begin on Sept. 2, with the occupation plan to be discussed in the Cabinet in the coming days, Yedioth Ahronoth daily said.

On Aug. 8, Israel’s Cabinet approved a plan by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to gradually reoccupy the Gaza Strip, beginning with Gaza City.

The plan has been met with an international chorus of criticism and condemnation. — AA

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

SIR Snapshot: Gujarat Records Deletion of Over 68 Lakh Voters, Lakshadweep Lowest at 206

The percentage of net change in the number of...

India-US Trade Deal Likely to Impact the Agriculture Sector: MP Congress

Ahead of Kisan Mahapanchayat, Congress Slams Proposed US Trade...

In Gaza, Trump’s Board of Peace Met With Deep Scepticism, Little Hope

Maram Humaid DEIR EL-BALAH – As United States President Donald Trump...

UP Court Orders FIR Against Swami Avimukteshwaranand Over Alleged Child Sexual Assault

PRAGYARAJ -- A Special POCSO Court in Uttar Pradesh's...