JEE Main forms an important step towards conducting admission in various engineering colleges for students in India. This year the JEE Main 2021 session has been postponed due to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, aspirants should be focused and positive while preparing for the exam.
Due to the COVID second wave, students got extra time for better preparation, and they should coherently utilize this spare time. This article will help candidates with the tips for an adequate JEE Main preparation during a coronavirus outbreak.
Preparation tips for JEE Main 2021 during Covid Second Wave
Students can go through the following tips for better preparation for JEE Main 2021 exam during the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic:
- A proper timetable: Students should practice time management skills to have better preparation for the JEE Main exam. Preparing and maintaining a proper timetable will help aspirants to cover the JEE Main syllabus at the earliest possible. The timetable should be realistic and manage to allow students to practice, study, and revise every day.
Dividing the hours of study into small sessions, students can practice many questions and get time to study complex topics. After hours of study, small breaks should be included in the timetable. To succeed in this exam, the timetable should be properly followed.
- Solve sample papers:One of the best ways to prepare for JEE main 2021 by solving as many as previous years’ question papers. This will help to understand the type of questions from each topic that will be asked in the exam. This will also improve time management efficiency and build confidence among students.
- Attempt regular mock tests: Attempting standard mock tests will help assess students’ strengths and weaknesses. Thus, it is said to be an essential tool for the preparation of JEE Main 2021. To crack the entrance exam, students should attempt the online mock tests regularly. This will help to keep track of their preparation level and assess their speed and accuracy.
- Clarify doubts and gain conceptual clarity: Students will get more time for better preparation due to the pandemic situation by clearing their doubts and understanding the concepts. They can clarify their doubts with teachers, seniors, or through online assistance. This is one of the essential preparation tips for the JEE Main exam.
- Give more time to studies: Studying at home has the benefit of saving time, and students can dedicate much of their time to preparing for the exam. In addition, aspirants can use their extra time for solving papers, revision, etc., during the pandemic situation.
- Revision:Revision is an effective part of JEE Main preparation. Students should revise the studied topics regularly. This is very helpful and extremely important. Through revision, candidates can identify the points that they missed while learning. In addition, the revision will help to remember the formulas and facts covered in the exam. Candidates are advised to prepare a revision plan that will cover all topics coming in the exam.
- Make your notes: Notes can be an effective tool during revision. Students should make their notes and cover the essential points and formulas to work as a revision sheet. Notes should be simple, handy, brief, and easy to understand. While studying each topic, they can underline the important points.
- Online Tutorials:Students can find unlimited video lectures for every subject through online tutorials. Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, students cannot go out for study sessions i.e., coaching. So, it is better to take online classes. The online classes are provided by schools, colleges, and coaching centres. Each of the videos is easy to comprehend and quite informative.
The experts of the particular field prepare these lectures to fulfil the needs of the students with regards to JEE Main preparation. Students should make short notes during the online classes to get a better grip of the essential concepts. Thus, online courses save time, increase accessibility, and ensure better learning outcomes for the students at the same time.
- Stick to Basic:Students should thoroughly understand the critical concepts and keep their study material to a few books. They should not confuse themselves by reading multiple books. So, it is advised that students should stick to the resources and notes which they already prepared.
- Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle: A healthy lifestyle is another very important preparation tip to make learning more effective. Students should sleep at least 5 to 7 hours to make themselves fit. In addition, they should take study breaks while preparing, though not for too long and stay hydrated.
Thus students have ample time to prepare for the JEE Main exam as it got postponed due to the second wave of Covid-19. With the help of the tips mentioned above, they can be sure to score adequately. They can add both quality and speed to their preparation for gaining the desired amount of marks.