GAZA — The Government Media Office in Gaza stated that the Israeli-US Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF) ran false humanitarian operations in the strip.
In a press statement released Tuesday, the office said GHF served as a “fake humanitarian cover” that turned aid distribution centres into sites of starvation and mass killing.
According to the office, GHF worked within an American-Israeli system that engineered hunger and lured starving civilians into dangerous areas. The statement said the goal was never to provide relief, but to control movement and expose civilians to targeting.
The office presented documented figures. It said Israeli forces killed 2,615 Palestinians who arrived at hospitals as victims of starvation. Another 19,182 people suffered injuries near GHF aid centers or on the routes of aid trucks.
The statement added that Israeli forces killed 1,506 people while they waited for food. It added that 1,109 people died inside the American-Israeli centers themselves due to gunfire and shelling. Among them were 225 children, 852 adults, and 32 elderly victims.
The office stressed that these sites became death traps, not safe aid hubs. It said these actions amounted to war crimes, crimes against humanity, and part of a strategy of genocide by starvation. It held the Israeli military, GHF, and US sponsors fully responsible.
GHF began operating its first center in late May 2025. The government office said GHF claimed it would create an “organized and safe” aid system. But the results showed a model based on hunger, not humanitarian support, the statement said.
The Government Media Office said it will continue documenting what happened.
It vowed to submit legal files to international bodies to prevent impunity.
On Monday, GHF announced the end of its “emergency mission” in Gaza. The foundation operates under US-Israeli supervision.
In its statement, GHF claimed that it completed its task after allegedly distributing more than 187 million free meals in Gaza. It claimed that its model ensured safe food delivery to Palestinian families. GHF said its model will expand through other partners.
The foundation received control of food distribution in May, after Israel imposed restrictions on international agencies. UN experts and aid groups strongly criticized the mechanism.
They said it exposed civilians to danger and failed to protect them.
According to the UN Human Rights Office, hundreds of Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire while trying to reach GHF aid centers. UN experts previously called for the foundation to shut down and to hold its leaders accountable.
GHF managed only 4 aid sites in Gaza, compared to 400 run by the UN system. Reports stressed that the foundation failed to protect civilians, and said some of its centers became death traps.
The announcement came weeks after a fragile ceasefire agreement in the strip. Israeli violations continue despite the deal. — QNN

