Elon Musk says He ‘Regrets’ Posts about Donald Trump Following Public Dispute

Date:

Billionaire says his remarks ‘went too far’ after heated exchange with US president

WASHINGTON — Tech billionaire Elon Musk on Wednesday said that he regretted some of his social media posts he made about US President Donald Trump last week, following his feud with the US president.

“I regret some of my posts about President @realDonaldTrump last week. They went too far,” Musk wrote on X.

The public dispute between Trump and Musk erupted last week after the president blasted the billionaire for opposing a Republican policy measure due to its projected impact on the deficit.

The clash quickly escalated, sparking fallout in Congress and affecting Tesla’s stock.

Amid the tensions, Tesla CEO Musk shared a series of posts on X targeting Trump, including a now-deleted post referencing Trump’s past ties to the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and even floated the idea of launching a new political party.

“We had a good relationship, I wish him well, very well,” Trump said on Monday, adding that he had not seriously considered whether he would respond if Musk called.

“I would imagine he wants to speak to me, I would think so,” the president added. — AA

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

BJP’s Corruption Rate Card: Karnataka HC Quashes Case Against Rahul Gandhi

The court observes that allowing the proceedings to continue...

Kharge Claims ‘Chaos’, ‘Mismanagement’ at AI Summit, Hits Out at Centre for ‘Incompetence’ 

NEW DELHI — Congress National President Mallikarjun Kharge on...

BJP Leader in TN Booked for Obscene Remarks Against Congress MP Jothimani

The BJP leader refuses to apologise for the remarks...

Congress Workers March to UP Assembly over MGNREGA Issue, Several Detained

LUCKNOW — Congress leaders and workers on Tuesday marched...