Raut Calls ‘Op Sindoor’ A Failure; Seeks HM Shah’s Resignation Over Pahalgam Attack

Date:

“The 'Operation Sindoor' is a failure. However, we in Opposition, refrain from talking about it keeping in mind the interest of the nation,” said Shiv Sena leader

MUMBAI — Rajya Sabha MP and Shiv Sena (UBT) leader, Sanjay Raut, on Tuesday kicked up a political storm by declaring ‘Operation Sindoor’ a ‘failure’ and demanding Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s resignation over his alleged inability to prevent the Pahalgam terror attack.

Addressing mediapersons, Raut said, “The ‘Operation Sindoor’ is a failure. However, we in Opposition, refrain from talking about it keeping in mind the interest of the nation.”

“Also, why did the need to conduct ‘Operation Sindoor’ arise? Because 26 people were killed in Pahalgam and Union Home Minister Amit Shah is responsible for it,” he said.

“The Prime Minister should have sought the resignation of Amit Shah for his laxity. On the contrary, Amit Shah is giving lectures to us,” said Raut, referring to the Home Minister’s remark on Monday.

Addressing a rally in Nanded a day earlier, HM Shah said that if Balasaheb Thackeray were alive, he would have “hugged” Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the success of ‘Operation Sindoor’.

Reacting to this comment, Raut said, “Balasaheb Thackeray would have been filled with remorse” for backing BJP leaders during controversies in the past.

While Raut slammed NDA leaders for politicising the issue and issuing insensitive statements over ‘Operation Sindoor’, Shiv Sena (Shinde) leader Sanjay Nirupam claimed, “Sanjay Raut has gone insane and is mentally unstable…”

Earlier, Raut reiterated the INDIA bloc’s demand for a special two-day session of Parliament on ‘Operation Sindoor’ and the Pahalgam terror attack. “Rather than accepting our demand, the BJP sent all-party delegations abroad,” he said.

He claimed that PM Modi and HM Shah were afraid of facing questions and this was the reason why the demand for a special session of Parliament by Opposition leaders, including Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi, had been ignored.

The Shiv Sena (UBT) leader’s comments coincide with a global diplomatic outreach launched by India by sending all-party MP delegations to friendly countries for explaining its anti-terror stand. — IANS

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

The Rise of Jamaat-e-Islami in Bangladesh and Its Impact on India

THE much-anticipated election results in Bangladesh are out, with...

Opposition Intensifies Protest Over Imran Khan’s Medical Care

QUETTA --- Majlis Wahdat-i-Mulimeen's (MWM) provincial leader Allama Ali...

Cow Urine Sprinkled Inside Temple After Shiv Sena Legislator Abdul Sattar’s Visit

A group of youth claims that since Sattar consumes...