Message From Gaza to Netanyahu: “Your Targets Are Wrong; You Are Killing Children”

Date:

Israeli military killed a father and his two children in a deadly strike on a tent camp

GAZA CITY — On Wednesday night, the Israeli military killed a father and his two children in a deadly strike on a tent camp sheltering hundreds of displaced families in southern Gaza, marking another violation of the ceasefire agreement.

The Victims: Children

Fathi Abu Hassanin and his two sons, Bilal, 8, and Mohamed, 10, were among the five people killed in the Israeli strike that hit a camp for displaced families in Khan Younis. The attack triggered a fire that engulfed several tents.

“Five citizens, including two children, killed and others injured, some seriously, as a result of an Israeli missile strike” in al-Mawasi, said civil defense spokesman Mahmoud Basal.

Some of the victims were severely burned, local sources said.

Basal noted that the Palestinians killed in the Al-Mawasi massacre were not in a “combat zone, but inside a displacement camp in an area that had been designated to them as “safe” by Israel.”

He noted that what is happening in Gaza is “systematic and direct targeting of civilians.” Basal added that the attack is not an “isolated bombardment, but another chapter in an ongoing humanitarian catastrophe.”

He Was Just Child

“A child was killed; a child,” one of the Abu Hassanin family relatives says in an interview with a local journalist. 

“Bilal Fathi Abu Hussein. He was just a child. He was still a student. They are children, world. Tell Netanyahu that his targets are wrong; you are killing children.”

She added, “Women and children were asleep. We all in the camp woke up to a tragedy. 32 were injured, all of them children. All our neighbors were hurt.”

Bilal was killed, and “his school bag remains; his dreams remain.”

“Suddenly, a fire broke out, I looked around and [saw] that it was in our camp,” Jihad Samir al-Arja told the Reuters news agency. “People, children and women were left in pieces. Everyone took part in putting out the fire and the gas canisters and tents that were on fire.”

Al-Arja, 35, expressed anger at the absence of safety even amid a ceasefire.

“Where are the mediators? Where are those who sought for a ceasefire? There is nothing, we do not see a ceasefire,” al-Arja said. “Every week there are strikes, assassinations, bombardment and targeting of buildings. We do not see a ceasefire at all.”

The Israeli attack comes in violation of the ceasefire agreement which took effect in early October. According to authorities in Gaza, Israel has violated the ceasefire at least 591 times since October 10, killing at least 360 Palestinians and wounding 922 others.

At least 70,100 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces since October 7, 2023, when Israel began its genocidal war in Gaza. Among the victims are more than 10,000 women and 20,000 children.

This week, Israeli forces also killed two brothers in Khan Younis. Fadi, 8, and Jumaa, 10, went out to fetch firewood, as their father is paralyzed and wheelchair-bound, before they were targeted and killed in an Israeli drone strike. The Israeli military claimed they posed a “threat” and thus were “eleminated”. — QNN

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Tipu Sultan Portrait Row: Abu Azmi Calls Him ‘Mujahid-e-Azadi’ Who Bravely Fought British

Maharashtra Samajwadi Party chief Abu Azmi sefended the historical...

US-Iran Talks: ‘Zero Enrichment’ Vs Negotiations on ‘Sovereign Rights’ 

THE upcoming second round of high-stakes talks between Iran...

The Rise of Jamaat-e-Islami in Bangladesh and Its Impact on India

THE much-anticipated election results in Bangladesh are out, with...